Always follow these rules to prevent being scammed:
- REGARDLESS OF WHAT ANYONE TELLS YOU, BITOFCLASSIFIED IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION THAT YOU MAKE. WE DO NOT handle payments, provide an escrow service or provide buyer or seller protection.
- DEAL LOCALLY WITH PEOPLE YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON. If they hide behind the internet, there is a possibility they are scamming you!
- NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA ANY WIRE SERVICE – anyone who uses a wire service in this day and age for this sort of transaction is likely a scammer.
- ALWAYS ACCEPT BITCOIN OR PAYPAL OR CASH IN HAND. FAKE CASHIER CHECKS AND MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON. A bank WILL hold YOU responsible, not the scammer.
- NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN GIVING OUT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION. PERIOD
- AVOID ALL DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES. Again, only deal locally
- DO NOT RENT OR PURCHASE HOUSING OR GOODS WITHOUT FIRST SEEING IT/THEM IN PERSON.
- DO NOT SUBMIT TO CREDIT OR BACKGROUND CHECKS UNTIL YOU MEET WITH A JOB INTERVIEWER OR THE LANDLORD/AGENT OF THE LANDLORD IN A LEGITIMATE ENVIRONMENT.